Friday 19 November 2010

Wicked Winter Wonderland Design Team Decorations

Good morning to you all again in the land of blog
and yes today brings us another step closer to Xmas with a new fabulous challenge at 


hosted by the very talended Janet

Our Sponsor this week is Teri at Delicious Doodles
 but I cannot move on without saying how lovely it was to be hopping all over the place last week to see your entries into the last Winter Sports Challenge, it was so difficult to choose a winner, I can tell you.  


This is my creation for this weeks Design Team inspiration, but you should pop and have a look at the rest of the team's creations too, as they are fantastic
This is an acetate bauble, I was so pleased with the final creation, may have to make some more.  I started by cutting 10 pieces of acetate 6" long and 3/4".  I used my eyelet punch to create a hole at the top and bottom of each piece.  I then stamped with white stazon a swirly image at each end (doesn't actually show this on the photo, sorry)  I then used my glue pad and glued up each side and then slid each side through some very fine white glitter.  Matt the dearest hubby created a hook for me, which he had created through a large brad, which I coloured with red copics.  I also coloured a second large brad.  Placing the plain brad through all the holes at one end, and the hook created brad the top end.  (now it looks nothing like this at that stage), I hooked the berries from the Hobby Craft shop onto the underside of the top brad hook that Matt made for me and then very carefully fan out the acetate to create the circle.  I then added the ribbon at the top just to finish it off.  

Was not sure if it would fit any challenges
but think it would fit
ABC Xmas - X is for Xmas and flowers (it is a Xmas bauble and filled with flowers)
Simon Says Sparkle - with Glitter and Bling (The edges are all glittered up and the flowers are glittered too)
Fab N Funky - Forget me Not (I have not used my acetate for a long long time)

I would like to thank all my wonderful talented visitors and to those of you who leave me such kind comments.

Tomorrow morning I will be setting off nice and early for my weekend away........ If you would like to know where I am going please see the static notice at the top of my blog.  I am so looking forward to meeting the rest of the Secret Crafter team and many of their followers.  Hopefully I will see you there :)

Hugs Kate x

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful adornment for the holidays. Very clever.

Paper Paradise said...

Gorgeous ornament Kate, in fact pretty ingenious!!!!!!! Have a FAB weekend, hope to see lots of pics and hear how it all went! x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous Kate, love it. Have a fun weekend. Marianne x

ARTfulWings said...

Wow very clever - off to try this myself xx

sam21ski said...

What an absolutely fab creation Kate.

Have a great weekend and I hope your demoing goes well xxxxx Enjoy it xxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab idea hun. Enjoy your weekend x

Mephisto said...

WOW, what a fab creation!
Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi

karen said...

Wow what a fantastic bauble,thanks for sharing with us at Fab N Funky.....Karen

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and something different, love it! Thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

Squirrel x said...

Such a lovely creation. Thanks for joining us in the X Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hugs, Sxx

Jo Nevill said...

What a lovely idea, so pretty.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10