Friday 12 November 2010

Christmas Special with Stampin with the Dragon DT - Don't miss out, multiple Fabulous Prizes

Good evening to you all and hope you are starting off your Friday evening well
I certainly am as you will see within this post.  

Today marks the beginning of an amazing two week challenge over at the  


and here is why

We are celebrating the release of 12 new Christmas Images all designed by the amazing Janette.  The design team went mad with the images and created lots of inspirational pieces, these can all be seen on the challenge blog.  I am going to be posting my creations over the two week period. So I can remind you to go and enter as you just gotta see what is on offer in the fabulous prizes.

the theme for this fortnights challenge is

INSPIRED BY A HOLIDAY SONG

If you enter and use any image you could win one of the following prizes:

1st Prize: May Arts Ribbons (ribbons from May Arts)
2nd Prize: Magnolia Magazine and 2 Stamps
3rd Prize: Whiff of Joy Stamps (1 dragon stamp)

Yep, that is three chances to win again

Although there is going to be a GRAND PRIZE too, this will only be available to those of you that enter using one of the Stampin Dragon images which can be located here

1ST: Wacom CTH461 Bamboo Craft Pen & Touch Tablet

2nd Grand Prize: May Arts Ribbons (ribbons from May Arts)

3rd Grand Prize: $10 gift cert. for Your Next Stamp.

Each time I show another of my creations I will remind you about the amazing sponsor line up :)
 May Arts Ribbons
  May Arts is a leading distributor of high quality ribbon products, serving a wide variety of merchants from large retail outlets to home-based business in the craft and scrapbooking, gift, stationery, quilting, fancy food, floral, interior design and jewelry industries.  Since its founding, May Arts has built its business on a foundation of quality products, affordability, and outstanding customer service.
Your Next Stamp is a new rubber stamp company based in Canada, founded and run by the wonderful Karen Dedman. YNS offers a huge range of fun, cute and whimsical images to suit all occasions. All YNS stamps are deep-etched PURPLE rubber and come to you cling-mounted . If you haven't seen these stamps yet, then hop on over to the store and take a look - you won't be disappointed!
Whiff of Joy
Situated in the heart of Europe (Switzerland), Whiff of Joy specializes in natural,
deeply etched red rubber stamps, die cuts and other card making goodies.
All of which are designed specifically for stampers, from a stamper.
Whiff of Joy works hard to exceed your expectations both in quality and service.
Share our passion for creating homemade gifts and cards. express your love and
appreciation for your loved ones by surprising them with a self-made gift.
With a Whiff of Joy stamp you will always be able to highlight a magical moment in somebody’s life.
Wow isn't that an amazing line up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I have created using one of the new Christmas images which are being released today, this image is called "In a Tangle" and can be purchased here

I sort of got carried away again and then realised that I had to match it to a holiday song, I suppose I had several choices really but I am going to cheat and take a slight inspiration from my amazing teamie Marlene, the reason for this is the song itself.  You see I have this awesome mobile phone song on my phone and it is called "The Twelve Pains of Xmas", now if you have never heard this then you just gotta go google it and locate it as it is fabulous.  Marlene has very kindly typed out some of the lyrics and to save space on this post - I will if it is alright with you all ask you to pop over and read them on Marlene's ace post.  (Thanks Marlene) 

I started with a little empty Prima flower tin, that I really did not want to throw away.  I added some Chenile string, or as my husband Matt would say "fluff chucker" string.  Now for those of you who are new to following me, we have a rule in our house, if I wish to go to a craft sale, then Matt is allowed to go to a fishing sale.  I attended with him to the Newark showground earlier this year for his fishing show and I was the first person to buy something.  I went straight to the fly fishing stall and bought a lovely little box of multicoloured chenile string.  (it is the string that they make their little flies out of)  I think my use is so much better.  I glued and wrapped the string around the original little metal handle.  I then used a little finger lift tape to hold a gorgeous pink satin ribbon in place to tie around the sides of the little box finishing up on the top near the handle with a big bow. I finally added some diamante gems around the edge.
I started out by printing the lovely new digi image onto my preferred paper and coloured it in with my copics.  I then created a template of the plastic inlay and used this to cut around the coloured image.  I then used Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink to colour around the image to give it a soft feel to it.  I glued the image on to the plastic inlay and used some more of the fluff chucker chenile to edge the image.  The embossed effect and diamante's were already on the tin.
Here is a close up of the image, it reminds me of Matt and I each year trying to remove the knotts from our numerous light sets and this is before the tree actually gets put up.  I have used a white gel pen to highlight.  Aren't they just adorable :)

I am entering this little creation into the following challenges

PDCC - Red, Aqua, Pink, Blue and Plum (photo inspirational challenge)
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Polka Doodle - Gift Box
Stamp Something - Digi

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my wonderful visitors who leave such lovely comments, I love each and every one of them, Thank you :)

Don't forget to look out for the posts to follow for samples of the other new releases.

Hugs and Happy Crafting
Kate xx

28 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. Firstly I'd like to thank you for your comments: they're always so lovely and encouraging, I really appreciate them! Your creation is amazing, I love how you used the box and the image is soooo cute! hugs. Miria

sam21ski said...

This is such a fabulous image Kate, and I love the colours you've used and how you've used it - it really is lovely - great transformation of a flower tin!!!!

PS yes he was good, glad Joanne went rather than Jonathan though!!!

Robin Parker said...

This is soooo FABULOUS!!!!!! Love the color blue and the fluff around the tin, Great idea to use the old items we have laying about.

Love crafts forever said...

Your box are fantastic! what a grate idea. Hugs, Nat

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love both your cards today Kate, these dragons are just so cute and unusual. Marianne x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Hi Kate

Love your project it's awesome hun.

Have a fab weekend

Claire x

Lynsey said...

Wow Kate this is a wonderful creation!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lynsey x

Marlene said...

LOVE your tin!! So adorable!! Thanks for the shout out, too! I love that song! heeeheee!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your tin is lovely and I love your choice of colors! Thanks for sharing such a great project!

Andrea Ewen said...

So cute! Adorable image and lovely subdued colors. Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous project I love the colours you have used.

sammi said...

Fantastic project! I love the storage tin!

Wishcraft said...

Aww this is lovely. Cute image and you definitely found a better use for the chenille! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something :o) Lisa x

Mandy said...

Oh Kate you have done a fabulous job altering the Prima tin hun, the image is adorable and so beautifully coloured, and I love the fluff chucker including the name lol, it's absolutely gorgeous, love it
hugs Mandy xx

Colette said...

This is soooo pretty, anyone would be pleased to receive a gift in it.

Sarah Anderson said...

I love dragons, and these two are just so cute! Thanks for playing with us in the Play Date Cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE these little dragons--and that bling! LOVE the fuzzy handle and that ribbon--GREAT box!! Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Julie said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Vintage Milly said...

Gorgeous little box and I so love that tangled up Christmas lights image, beautiful colouring, thanks for entering our challenge this week at Polkadoodles, best of luck to you,
Em.x

Unknown said...

This is so cute, love this so much - thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week - Alex x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Saskia said...

Great to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Saskia :)

Tip Top said...

Beautiful gift box! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our gift box challenge at Polkadoodles!Lovely project - wonderful colours! Cheers Claire x

Jenny said...

awwww this is soooooo lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at POlka Doodles this week.

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Such a lovely tin. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

BondGirl said...

such a cute image. Thanks for joining in the polkadoodle challenge

Fliss said...

An absolutely beautiful creation Kate.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Polka Doodles.
xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10