Saturday 13 November 2010

Sparkling and Shining with the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge DT

Good morning to you all and welcome to the weekend
Oh I really did enjoy hopping around to see all the wonderful entries into last weeks challenge, there were some amazing entries.

This week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge our host is Helen and she has chosen the theme of 

Sparkle and Shine

I was really excited about this theme as I would be able to use all my glitters, diamante's, sparkly ribbon's and sparkly flowers.

Here is what I created
The base layer is a metalic gold pearlized paper which really shimmers and shines, the papers are from the GCD Studios stack 12 x 12.  The punch is my new MS Holly (it is so nice to use a different Xmas edge punch) The image frame is a again one of my new ones a Marianne Creatable, I added a plum colour stickles to the edge of the die and also the edge of the image plate.  There are little plum diamante's on each of the stars around the image. The lace is the gold edged one that you can if you want run the ribbon through it - lots of places sell this now, but I got mine from a local department store.  I placed some red glitter ribbon over it for that amazing sparkle. The flowers are from a colleague at work, who bought them and then did not use them, but thought of me (thank you and you know who you are) they are plum coloured and contain little diamante's, I used the holly embossed punch to create the foliage.  All the edges were distressed and glittered.  The image of course is one of the Manga images this one is called "Angel Boy" see below for the details and a close up of the image. I made a gutted envelope to match, using my own design perspex template, wow does this save time and certainly presents those cards to perfection.
The inner return with a pull string ribbon in plum with gold edges and the MSE sentiment. I added some more diamante to pick up the front of the card.
Here he is this is "Angel Boy" he is available here at the Secret Crafter shop as a digi for only £2.99 although if you do not like digis he is also available here as a clear polymer stamp for £5.50.   I do so love these images and they are so easy to colour, I have used copics and a clear glitter sakuro pen along with a white gel pen for highlights.

Please pop over here and join in the challenge fun with us and have a look at the other inspiration for this challenge by our very talented Design Team.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
Fab N Funky - Going Round in Circles
Scrapbook Sisters - Xmas Colours
Crafts and me - Glitter
Sunday's with Chrissy - Red, Green and Gold
Anything Goes - Emboss It, I hope the embossed die fits this challenge if not please ignore :)
 Paperplay - Ribbon, Lace and Flowers
Totally Gorjuss - Traditional Xmas Colours

thank you so much to all my wonderful visitors who leave such inspiring and lovely comments I love them all.

Well must pop off as I need to prepare for my trip to see Wendy at the Secret Crafter Shop for the open weekend, please see the static details at the top of my blog, and hope to see some of you there.

hope you have a lovely day and if you are watching Strictly or X Factor, enjoy your viewing this evening

Kate x

17 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate - gorgeous xxxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the colours you've used on this one x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Kate - love the traditional colours, and the star frame is fab!
Helen x

Curly said...

This is beautiful Kate, I love how you have used Angel boy and I love the the Marianne frame,
its a really stunning card and the card box is an awesome touch.
Have a great weekend
Hugs Bridget ;)x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful. Love the colour combo and the envie to match

Hugs Jane x

heidy said...

Oh This is gorgeous,thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week
Heidy

mueppi said...

Your card is so wonderful, Kate!!!
I love the colours and all details!
Hugs Gisela

Tammy said...

Such a sweet card Kate. Love the colors.

gina g said...

Gorgeous easel card, the image and papers are fab. Thanks for joining us at the Crafts and Me challenge this time. luv gina xx

Mandy said...

Hello lovely lady, gorgeous card as always hun, love the new border punch and the cute image.
Have you been at those lush papers again lol
hugs Mandy xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
sorry i beeen missin, been busy bee, totally gorgeous card, fabulous image & colouring,beautiful papers & design hun, hope you had good weekend, sue.x

Sue U said...

Hi Kate, love the soft shades of red green and gold you have used, so effective :-) Thanks for joining us at the Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge Sue xx

gerdsf said...

Great card and great image :D
Love the colors you have used on this card.

BR
Gerd

Suzie said...

A beautiful card Kate as always. Great to see you with us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

Julie said...

This is so lovely,glad you joined this week's challenge at Scrapbook Sisters,Have a great week,Julie.x

Liz said...

Wow Fab project Thanks for following our theme on Paperplay

Liz xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate this is such a beautiful card love the sparkle
Hugs June x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10