Tuesday 21 April 2015

Happy Birthday

Good morning to you all

Today I am inspiring you with those gorgeous products from


using some of the gorgeous Vintage Butterflies ribbon, called

Vintage Butterflies Ribbon - Bikes Latte

I was going for a transport theme for this friends birthday card and this worked well I thought

so here is my card


I also used some of the spotty buttons in Lemon

The image is a new one for me, 

although if you know of an image like this with a tractor on it, please do let me know as I need one urgently

So the base layer is brown card stock and the top layer is some mucky cream/brown scripted paper, not sure where from to be honest, sorry.  I wrapped the ribbon around and then tied a knot on a piece and added this.
The image is just plain card, stamped in versafine brown, distressed with antique linen and then wet with a baby wipe before the edges were distressed and rolled and left to dry.  Once dry I then distressed with frayed burlap and stamped the sentiment before adding to my card. 

I finished off with the buttons and charms and love how it turned out.

thank you so much to all of my lovely visitors and I will be hopping to see you soon

happy crafting
Kate
xx

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a lovely ribbon and the card turned out great!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kate, fabulous vintage design.
Crafter's Companion has a Sheena stamp - http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/papercraft-c2141/stamps-c15/sheena-douglass-c914/as-scene-on-screen-c1739/sheena-douglass-perfect-partners-a5-rubber-stamp-set-the-country-life-stamp-p26492 - its very vintage but take a look.
Pauline
x

Carole said...

Lovely card kate...very vintage. I like the curled edges...makes it look really old! try Sheena Douglas..Crafters Companion for the tractor...I think she has one on a recent stamp sheet.
xx

Catherine said...

Such a great card for a man Kate ! Love the image and the charms... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

KraftyKoolKat said...

So awesome Kate, you even do fantastic male creations as well. Is there no end to your talent.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card, stamp and ribbon Kate works well together.
Gr Karin

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Kate your card is fabulous, love the colour pallet and the image.
I seem to think that Sheena Douglass, might have a scenic stamp.
with a tractor, but it's a while ago. Good luck with finding one, hugs Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgous vintage look, Kate!
Sorry, I can't help you with the tractor image, I don't know where there is one of them

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and a fab design.xxx

Carol said...

Fabulous vintage make Kate. Carol x

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card

mags said...

A lovely vintage looking card Kate.
Mags
x

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant design love the image and great vintage colours really sorry but cannot help with the tractor image love an hugs Carole x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10