Tuesday 12 May 2015

To My Dear Dad.................

Good morning to you all

Now you may or may not know that I am changing my job soon, so I have had lots of time recently to catch up on life and in-particularly my crafting.  This is something that I have created, get this.............. to enter a specific challenge...................oh okay you can get up now :)

I decided to follow the sketch at Sketch Saturday


I wanted to make another Father's day card

I found some lovely Papermania papers and matched them to create this little number.  I had not used this image for quiet sometime and it is one from so many years ago,  so thought I would play with it too.

So here is my creation
I turned the sketch on it's side


This is an A2 side folded card


I have used the navy blue as the base layer and contrast and layered up the strips using MS doily punched edged layers.  I added some Crafty Ribbons lace under the bottom layer and a strip of ribbon on the top one,  before adding the image and it's surround which I used my MFT pierced oval dies.  No pearls on this one as it was already starting to look very feminine oops


The image on this one has been coloured in copics

I would like to welcome my new followers and thank all of my lovely commenters for their lovely comments, I will be over to see you shortly.

If you have not entered my candy yet, you still have some time so do hop over using the link in the sidebar.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

Sketch Saturday - Sketch above
The Ribbon Girl - Everything Goes with an image
Send a Smile for Kids - for a special dad / Male
Snarky Stampers - Monochromatic
2 Crafty Girls - Vintage
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Ribbon or Lace
Cutie Pie - Layer it Up
Marker Pop - Anything Goes
Squirrel's Random Challenge - The antique Roadshow

have a lovely day
Kate
x



31 comments:

cotnob said...

Luckily I was seated Kate!
This is a fabulous card, gorgeous papers and a lovely image - I'm so pleased that you are finding more time to craft, it's lovely to visit your blog more often.
Pauline
x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card
Luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely to see you, fabulous card love that sweet image and the layers of punched borders, great colours. Hope you will enter my candy x

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,fabulous image and details.xxx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Kate,
Great card, fab image and papers :)

Regina said...

Just love it, the image is adorable and the lace and the ribbons lace and the strips using MS doily punch are beautifully laid out!
Regina*

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous Kate. Such an adorable image and fantastic colours and layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Catherine said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate... Love the beautiful die cut borders... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous image and a beautiful card Kate
Gr Karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! This image is so cute and beautiful! Love the papers you choose for this masculine card. Love the pierced oval, is one of my preferred shape of topper diecuts!

mamawcindy said...

What a Sweet Card. I Love that Image. Your Card got me a little Emotional, because my Dad passed away this past December. Going to miss making him Cards. Thanks for Sharing!
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

coops said...

stunning male card kate.really love the fabulous image and gorgeous design ;D

xx coops xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's this month. Sue x

Unknown said...

Hi Kate what a gorgeous card I love the image and your design is wonderful.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards}

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls, good luck!!! Amy

Donna said...

Super cute card Kate. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our "Monochromatic Mama" challenge!!

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining our Monochromatic Mama challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Kate, I love it!!
Kevin xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I LOVE that you used lace and it is still a terrific masculine card with the image and the blue colors. Just terrific. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, good luck.

Tammi
Craft Your Passion Guest Design Team

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Kate, such pretty papers and a super image, hugs Kate x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
HeatherM

Mrs Beez said...

Great card, I love all those layers. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Whisper said...

Simply stunning, Luv Sam x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge lots of layers cute theme cheers Sue N x

Gerrina said...

Wow Kate this is beautifull and I realy almost fell off my chair; I cannot remember when I saw a card for a challenge here... Inky greetings, Gerrina

Carol said...

You made great use of your time Kate, this is gorgeous. Carol x

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Sweet card. Thanks for joining us the "M is for Monochromatic Mama" at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wonderful card, I love all of the layers and the gorgeous paper. Such a cute image too. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10