Wednesday 25 June 2014

"Summertime" with Elisabeth Bell's Challenge

Good morning to you all

Fingers crossed this has posted at the correct time :)

I was thrilled the other week to be lucky enough to be chosen as a winner at


thank you ladies, and I got to choose two lovely digi images, took me ages as you can imagine, but that was not all of the winnings, as they also asked me if I would like to be a Guest Designer for them, well it would have been so rude not too, and I so enjoyed playing to create this little number to meet the challenge theme of

Summertime

So I do hope you will hop over and join in the challenge, and here is my creation
I decided it was about time I used up some of my purchases from Whichcraft, so used this centre step card to create a scene of Summertime.  The pearl strings from the Hobby House are representing the pebble pathway, the lovely layer of blooms from Clickit4Crafts is the flower border.  The little fence is cut on my silhouette as is the little open gate.  I used a Marianne die to create the grass (three layers of colours), I added the beautiful trellis from the Floral Frame set by Wild Rose Studio. I added more flowers on the trellis.  I added two little birds coloured with copics.  The silhouette cut sunshine.  The Memory Box clouds.  The sentiment is from Wild Rose Studio from the birthday greetings set. The oval decorative die is a nestie.  The image pierced die from My Mum's Craft shop, loving this at the moment.  The image is from those new Hobby House Art Colouring Books Elisabeth Bell - Merry Weather and believe it or not the papers that you can hardly see are from Lidl.

Here is the straight on view

and the close up of that beautiful image coloured in copics

Well I hope that has inspired you to enter the challenge too, as I would love to see you over there.

As always I would like to welcome my new followers and say thank you to all my wonderful visitors, that leave such lovely comments that allow me to visit you all in return.

I would like to enter the following challenges

Elisabeth Bell's World - Summertime (I know I get to enter too, awesome)
My Crafty Spot - Shaped Cards
The Paper Girls - Summer Lovin
Whoopsi Daisy - Summer is Here
Crafty Sentiment - Summer colours
Our Daily Bread - birthdays
Sweet Stampin - Summer

hugs 
Kate
xx



27 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh so pretty Kate - awesome! Hugs xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have created a beautiful garden Kate its a gorgeous card.

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! Kate this is super gorgeous, your design is amazing and all the embellishments are beautiful, love the image and your colouring, love everything about it, hugs Kate x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a stunner Kate...Especially love the trellis and the gate
Cheers
Dr Sonia

ARTfulWings said...

Beautiful card Kate. Polly xx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Kate, such a beautiful image and fabulous design with the little fence and all of the lovely flowers.
Congratulations on you win and GD spot.
Pauline
x

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful,love the image and fab design.xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congratulations, me last month you this how funny is that. i adore the scene you have created, fab image, gorgeous colours, stunning card x

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous card as always beautiful design and full of lots of lovely details x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Kate. Congrats on your past win and also on the Guest Designer slot. So well deserved.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful creation Kate ! Love the little flowers ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT Kate, your card is stunning. I love the sweet image, gorgeous colouring and such wonderful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Carole said...

This is truly a work of art and so much care and attention to detail Kate. A really pretty card.

Lorraine said...

So pretty KAte. A gorgeous image and design.
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Kate..fabulous design..I love the trellis and flowers and such a gorgeous image and colouring..beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Regina said...

Oh, Kate, this is just adorable!
Regina*

Lisa J said...

Amazing Card Kate. Stunning design. Lisa x

scrappymo! said...

This is a work of art! Gorgeous!

Jac’s Playground said...

Stunning such a gorgeous creation, love your attention to detail, this little scene is adorable, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

mags said...

A gorgeous summery creation Kate. Love the design and all the detail.
Mags
x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kate, what a beautiful birthday card this is! It's gorgeous with all its fine details and gorgeous coloring! I love the little fence and trellis with the bitt flowers! Absolutely precious! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Debbie Adams said...

What a pretty summer card. I love the pink flowers you used and your image is just beautifully colored. :D I like how you popped the sun and clouds off of the image so creative.
Love it!!
Thank you for joining Crafty Sentiments Challenge "Summer".
Deborah CS GDT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet center step card!! I just love the beautiful coloring of the image and all the added details!! Thanks for sharing it with us at ODBD!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Wow, there is always such beautiful inspiration when I visit your blog! This is a stunning design, I love what you've done with all those pretty flowers.
Rebecca.

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

Mary Lou said...

Hi Kate~~OMGosh I love this and you have reminded me how cute the center step cards are to create a wonderful scene!! Gorgeous coloring and so glad you were are GDT this month at EBW!! Your post went off without a hitch:)) Hey just wondering ....did you receive your GC from WOC?? Thanks again for playing along at EBWorld!!!
With love

Carla S. said...

This is fantastic, Kate! I love the whole design and all the fabulous details! Perfect with the theme and sweet image! Thanks so much for being our Guest this month!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10