Thursday 26 June 2014

A Pop of Shocking Pink and Exciting News

Morning all

Oh my I have kept this quiet for a little while, although Ali did mention it and showed off my lovely little Wedding car a little while ago on the challenge blog, but today I can officially say I was thrilled to be asked to join the

From September 2012 proud to say

and I am on the Ribbons Team, now if you know me and my ribbons and bows, well this just suits me down to the ground :)  So I have now added the links to the shop in my where to shop page (well it was already there) and added the link to the challenge and inspirational blog in my side bar.

The challenge this week is

Stitching Real or Fake & Ribbons

I wanted to get started playing straight away, and had just ordered for a big Wedding order some wow shocking pink wide ribbon so decided to do a black and white card with a pop of colour, and yes Pink being the colour, I love how it turned out, hope you like too.
I made another of my half circle card, loving creating these with my grand nesties at the moment.
So I used on of those Hobby House Elisabeth Bell Art Colouring Book images and coloured in her monotone, well apart from a splash of hot pink.  I used white for the base layer and the shocking pink card as the first colour layer and for the contrast, The papers well I remember stroking these for ages before a crafting friend gave me therapy and finally I opened the stack and dated to cut into them.  They are Paris Nights, don't you just love a good flocked paper. I used a white gel pen to create my faux stitching.    I created the sentiment on the computer and used a nestie to cut it out.  I made a triple bow with that lush ribbon along with a fancy button and black rose from the Hobby House and some beautiful tulips again in shocking pink from Clickit4Crafts.  I finished off with a few grey fern branches from my Marianne strip die, some shocking pink pearls and lots of those aura rhinestones from the Hobby House.  All of the items used today can be found on the links in my Where I shop page.
The ribbon, which I have to say was ordered in by the wonderful Bev at Crafty Ribbons just for me, so is not in the store but you can like I did mail in to Bev who is wonderful and will help you in anyway with any special requirement. 

Here is a close up of the copic coloured image and a little of that gorgeous satin ribbon

As always I would like to welcome all of my new followers and thank all of my wonderful visitors, who leave a comment so that I can hop over and see your own fabulous work.

I would like to enter the following challenges with this little number

Craft Your Passion - Bold and Beautiful
Just Inspirational - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
Simon Wednesday - Anything Goes

Hugs Kate x



31 comments:

Pami said...

Congratulations on your new DT Kate, well deserved! Gorgeous card, I the colour combination, really pretty! P x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Congratulations on joining the design team

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Stunning and beautiful card Kate gorgeous colour's love the image and Congratulations on your New DT position
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image,fab colours.xxx

scrappymo! said...

This is si vivid and beautiful! Love that hot pink and black with your adorable image!

Helen said...

Congratulations on joining the DT. Definitely 'your thing'. Love the card, beautiful as always xx

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hello kate, what a lovely card I like the shapes and the colour, and that lovely bow. I have yet to master the bow tighing, crafting hug bluebell-flowerwood.

Jane said...

Many congrats Kate, you will be a fab addition to their team and as you said how perfect for you to have an endless supply of ribbons. A match made in crafting heaven I think. These colours really pop, great combo xx

Carole said...

Beautiful card Kate and I love that shocking pink on the image to reflect the pink elsewhere. Superb colouring!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Kate...another stunner from you...love the striking colors!! You have rocked this one my friend!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

mags said...

This is beautiful Kate. Such a striking colour combo. Congrats on the new design team position. Well deserved.
Mags
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, adorable image and fab colour combo.
Congratulations on your new DT post too.
Lorraine x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Kate.

gr karin

KarinsArtScrap said...

o sorry forgot to say congratulations on your new DT job.

gr karin

Sue said...

Congrats on your new DT place Kate.
Your card is stunning, I love the image, gorgeous colouring and wonderful design with that lush ribbon!
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kate and many, many congratulations - so well deserved.

Hugs.

Karen xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Big congrats Kate it is so very well deserved. I adore your your gorgeous card and it shows off the companies ribbon lovely.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So happy to be back on a DT with you Kate and love the gorgeous card you made, that ribbon is fab with the black and white, really does pop x

ARTfulWings said...

Huge congratulations Kate - that is one stunner of a card. Polly xx

Sandra H said...

Ooooh Kate l adore your image and the colouring is stunning again you have created a beautiful card and many congratulations x

Tammy said...

Love the gorgeous pink with the black! Pretty card!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so beautiful Kate, I love it!!& congats on the new DT they are lucky to have you
Kevin xx

Snoopy said...

Stunning card!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

cebelica said...

Hi Kate, welcome to the team! :D I'm really happy to be working with you as I think your creations are wonderful. Like this one for example. You totally rocked this challenge (which in my opinion is one of the hardest ever - for me anyways) and the pink/blac/white combination is amazing. Fab creation! Hugs! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Kate, well first of all CONGRATULATIONS!! Well done you,you will be an asset to the Design Team, your cards always have the wow factor, just like this one.
It's gorgeous, love your colour theme and the sweet image, beautiful bow and embellishments, hugs kate x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Kate - I love your design and colour scheme, your EB image is adorable and beautiful embellishments!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Debbie said...

Wow this is stunning.Love the colour scheme.Lush ribbon too.Congratulations on your DT position.You deserve it.Hugs x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is a show stopper. What a gorgeous design and coloring.

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Congratulations on your design team news! Love your fabulous card, the splash of pink looks so effective.
Rebecca.

sian said...

what a stunning and striking card. Thank you for entering with us over at JIC this month, I hope you will join us again, our new monthly challenge goes live tomorrow and so does our weekly challenge. Sian (JIC Co-Owner)

Pia S said...

Just catching up on some of your work I missed out on while away on holiday. I really like this card with all the die cut patterns, the shape and fantastic color combination. It's a striking design!
Also, big congrats on your new DT position!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10