Monday 9 June 2014

Happy Father's Day

Good morning to you all

Wow what a lovely day it was yesterday, hope you all had some of that yellow stuff like we did.  However on Saturday with all that wet stuff, I had a chance to play, so made this little number to add to my Father's Day card collection.


The base layer and contrast is a deep green, I used some papers that I got from Grimsby Crafts and then one of the images from the Hobby House Art Colouring Book Elisabeth Bell - Summer Daze.  The ribbon and rhinestones are from the Hobby House also and the sentiment one of the best Father's Day ones and I love this set is by Wild Rose Studio.

Here is the image coloured in copics, oh and just wanted to say thank you to Vicky my WRS DT buddie for guiding me in the direction of pierced die.
Love how it frames the image with all those tiny stitch marks. I got mine from My Mum's Craft Shop as my normal shop was out of stock.

Anyway a quick hello to my new followers, an apology for my MIA with my comments to all my lovely visitors as I have not managed to get back to visit you all over the last few days, but normal service will resume now :)

I would like to enter this one into the following challenges
QKR - Fathers Day
A Little Bit Crafty - child's play
Bearly Mine - One for the Boys
DiesRUs - Father's Day
CMC - Anything Goes
Simon Wednesday - Father's Day
Hugs Kate
xx


26 comments:

ARTfulWings said...

The colouring is Amazing!! Lovely card. Polly xx

Laura Sterckx said...

This is wonderful! You colored the image beautifully. The big bow is absolutely delightful and I love the little pearls. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Kate, I adore this image, I think my wee Noah (1 year old, grandson) will look much like that when he gets a bit bigger, fabulous card hun, hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is gorgeous and stunning colouring Kate.

gr karin

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful card Kate ! Love the bow ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Darlene said...

WOW I just LOVE this creation Kate! The color is FABULOUS and your coloring/design are AMAZING! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ONE FOR THE BOYS/FATHER’S DAY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Team Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Unknown said...

This is really lovely Kate - perfectly coloured and a lovely image. Brilliant for Father's Day or any male celebration.

Hugs.

Karen xxx

karalschuknecht said...

Stunning card, such beautiful coloring and the bow is fab. Thanks for joining us this week for "Father's Day." Good Luck, and come back to join us again.

Karal DT for QKR Stampede
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card with fab colouring. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this month x

~@ngie~ said...

a stunning card darl... love the image & the dp's.... that bow with the sentiment looks awesome... what's this 'pierced die' you mention & where can I get it?? lol... I think I might have a new request in mind for my birthday now ;) hehehee

love n hugz Angie xXx

~@ngie~ said...

oops forgot me ps.... lol
p.s. I tried commenting on this on Bloglovin' but the page didn't load for some reason... hope no-one else is having that problem xXx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous and adorable Kate. Your colouring and layout is awesome as ever. Love that pieced die. Hubby not letting me buy anything at the moment!!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous image and love the colours and design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pia S said...

Dies that pierce are on my wish list too. I agree with you, they make a great, subtle frame around the image. What a great spot you picked for the sentiment, it looks great placed on that bow!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kate, I love your image and beautiful green bow.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. Beautiful colouring and I love the pierced die..
Lorraine x

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous is your card so beautifully presented too!

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love the image and your colouring is fabulous. Beautiful papers.

Susanne Rose said...

I love your coloring! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. Hugs, Susanne

Linsey R said...

What an extraordinary card! I love how you achieved a perfect balance of soft loveliness with a masculine feel. Absolutely gorgeous work! Your coloring is masterful and I adore that rich green ribbon treatment. Stunning! TFS and joining us over at Really Reasonable Ribbon for our Masculine challenge! Hugs and best of luck!

coops said...

so stunning kate.gorgeous image and design and your colouring is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

What a great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Karen said...

Great card! Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

Karen

carol said...

Hello..Lovely male themed card, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation withus at BEARLY-MINE this month x carol

Jules said...

As always a beautiful card, the image is so gorgeous and love the colours you've used to colour it with. Thank you for joining us at BMD, good luck xoxoxo

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10