Thursday 28 August 2014

Me and CAS!!!! - with Crafty Ribbons

Morning all

Today is the next challenge over at 


The challenge this week is sort of special as it is Crafty Ribbons Birthday so the theme is

Birthday and Ribbon

so do hope over and take a look at the fabulous sponsors and of course all of that delicious inspiration from the design teams, yes we have all joined together for this one

I chose to use one of the images provided by one of the sponsors
Bugaboo
called Birthday Ewe

and I went with a CAS card, I know not me, well it started off CAS but well I had to use some Ribbon, so it started to swiftly turn into one of my normal cards, as I could not help myself.

So here it is
I made an aperture card, I know so different for me, but think the image called for it, see below I took a photo of it closed
I used my copics to colour the image, one of my pierced MFT dies to make the aperture and also to cut out the image.  I added some orange ribbon, and then took it off (so loud, and did not work well at all) finally I settle for this 

Monochrome Ribbons - 25mm Sheer Silver/Black

I think this ribbon works perfectly, soft enough to fold around the aperture and beautiful to make the triple bow out of, I also gave the bow extra tales, before adding a Hobby House Rhinestone Fancy Button and a few pearls that I found at the bottom of my pearl draw, I could not find any other black ones (mental note must by some black pearls)

Here is the card open so you can see the aperture

As always I would like to welcome all of my new followers and thank all of my wonderful visitors, who leave a comment so that I can hop over and see your own fabulous work.

Don't forget I still have my WRS candy on offer in the sidebar, just a few more days to go :)

I would like to enter the following challenges with this little number

A random fan - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes

Hugs Kate x


33 comments:

Debbie said...

Great card Kate...love this image and beautiful ribbon. x

New Creations said...

Kate, This is really a beautiful CAS card:). Love the gorgeous ribbon with bugaboo image peeking inside!

Jane said...

Hi Kate, this is great fun and the ribbon with the aperture works really well. Hugs xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Kate, love the fun image. x Susan x

Kelly Lloyd said...

It's gorgeous Kate and that ribbon bow looks fab
Hugs Kelly

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,lovely image and fab ribbon.xxx

Sammy said...

This is fab Kate! And I know what you mean... I often have to sit on my hands to stop myself from adding stuff to CAS cards, as it's soooo hard not to when you're not CAS-inclined, lol. x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love the cute image and wonderful bow!
hugs Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the aperture, fun card

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

very original card, it's look great!

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful card Kate ! Love the way you have placed the ribbon ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Kate, fun image and fabulous design.
Pauline
x

*Vicki* said...

Kate, this is darling!! That big bow is stunning and this cute image is adorable as well! :) Yes, I do love the CAS style and it can be a bit of challenge at times when you want to keep adding!! LOL!!

Carole said...

Nice card, love the aperture. Like the ribbon wrapped around too.

KarinsArtScrap said...

hahaha what a fun image and a beautiful card Kate.
Gr Karin

coops said...

so gorgeous kate.i love your design and fab fun image :D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fabulous pretty and full of fun creation.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabuloys card Kate, love monochrome x

Pia S said...

This looks absolutely fab with the image placed on the inside and that beautiful big bow!

Céline said...

stunning, love the design
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Kate, wonderful card, I love your design and image, the ewe is so cute. Your bow is gorgeous, I love the black ans silver, hugs Kate x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Kate..have never done an apeture card myself..love the fun image and the bow is gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lee said...

Fab card,love the image and the aperture makes it a bit different.LOVE it.x

Tammy said...

Great card and great ribbon! Super wooly way to send birthday wishes!

Carol S. said...

You couln't not smile at this card! Such a fun image and love your design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments challenge this week, Kate as I mentioned before, your card is sweet and the cute 'animal' suits our challenge...♥aNNie


{Crafty Sentiments Inspirations DT Member}


nwilliams6 said...

Totally adorable image, great layout, and that bow totally steals the show. Well done Kate! Hugz!

Gail said...

Adorable, cute, outstanding, cute, precious, cute, love the bow and the image!!! This is a GREAT GREAT card! What a fabulous sentiment. Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and look for our new challenge next Tuesday! Hugs, Gail

Craftdee said...

Great card, Kate. So smart looking, the monochrome works really well "Ewe"'ve done well :-)) Have a great weekend, Donna ♥

Diane said...

What a fun and clever design.

Hugs Diane

Bernardine Cuttino said...

So sweet. What a beauty and eye catching details. Fabulously crafted. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

mags said...

Great card Kate. Adorable image and love the lush ribbon and bow.
Mags
x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A really cute card with this fun image and I love the stunning ribbon!
Rebecca.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10