Monday 29 July 2013

Embossing with the House Mouse and Friends Design Team

Good morning to you all in the land of blog

Today sees the next challenge 

at the 


with the theme of 

Embossing

being hosted by the super talented and awesome boss America

Now I don't do much Wet or Heat Embossing so when I saw this challenge theme, I have to admit I did panic a little, however after a few days of thinking the only thing I fancied doing was some cracked glass effect, if you have not done this it is so easy, so long as you warn people that it is in your freezer or fridge.  You basically create your image, coat it in embossing powder and heat it all up, three times does the trick, before placing it in your fridge or freezer.  After a little while you take it out, crumple it up a little, and add your distress ink colour all over, before buffing it off again and that is it, just perfect for me, anyway here is my inspirational piece, but do hop over  to the main challenge site to see the rest of the amazing inspiration from my sister meeces :)

I made a thank you card. 

The base colour and contrast is a soft pink card, I have used some pan pastels to colour up my lace and the ribbon/banner sentiment.  I have created a ruffle of ribbon, used my MS daisy punch and a fancy metal corner detail.  The lace, corner detail charm, pearls and ribbon are from the Hobby House.

Here is the close up of the image coloured in copics and with the cracked glass effect.

Do hop over and join us for the challenge :)
 Don't forget, you too may submit your House-Mouse, Gruffies and Happy Hoppers creations directly to THE Official House-Mouse Designs site found HERE!  
I would like to welcome my new followers, and thank all of my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave me such inspirational and kind comments, and this then allows me to hop on over and visit you in return.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Colour Me Copic - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Pan Pastels - Embossing
Penny Black and More - dies and punches

hugs
Kate
xxxxx

33 comments:

KandA said...

Super card Kate and I love the cracked glass effect xx

Unknown said...

Kate, what a super way to have crackle embossing hun, fabulous image and card hun xxx

Tammy said...

Cute, cute card! Such an adorable image and I love the animation!

cuilliesocks said...

This is beautiful Kate, I'm pants at embossing, wonderful image and great design, Kate x

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hello kate, did you see the new stamps by house mouse they were by sfampendus,on create and craft. I rang the shop about the bits for your card,but I think it must be closed today. david said that he will take me tomorrow,i suppose it opens at 10. crafting hugs bluebell-flowerwood.

Debs said...

Fabulous card Kate - great technique and your ribbon detail is simply stunning.
Debs xx

Catherine said...

This is so sweet Kate ! I love the delightful image and the way you have pleated the ribbon ! Gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so awesome Kate. I also love your different animation images, they are great fun.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Kate. Love the image and layout and that ribbon looks wonderful.
Hugs
Caz x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Kate, I like the adorable image, the lace and what you have done with the ribbon,
Kevin xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Kate. I love the cute image and gorgeous ribbon.
hugs Sue xx

Heather said...

A fabulous card Kate, such gorgeous colours and beautiful detailing. Your image is delightful and great colouring!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Hanna said...

WOW, this is absolutely amazing, Kate! LOOOVE the ribbon ruffle! It looks absolutely fantastic! That crackled embossing powder is amazing too, what a fun idea! Have to try it!

hugs,
Hanna

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a very beautiful card Kate.

greetings karin

Deborah said...

Fab card Kate. Loving the crackled glass - I will have to give it a go.

Deborah A

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Nice card Kate love your image
jacqui x

Misty's said...

Hi Kate
Such a gorgeous house mouse card!!! Love these little critters... they always have so much fun. Coloured in so beautifully as usually. Loving your transformation with pan pastels and the embossed cracked effect as well!
Michaela and DP xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Kate, love the fun image and colouring..love the ribbon,it is gorgeous..[love the mice jumping on the cat too]..lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous card Kate, great technique and pretty pastel colours.
Pauline
x

*Vicki* said...

Really adorable design Kate! :) Love the image of course, but your ribbon treatment and soft colors look amazing! HUGS

Christine said...

Aww Kate I hadnt seen your carcked effect..LOVE ..yep need to try that..such a cute image these guys ALWAYS have fun..

smiles Christine x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Kate :-) I haven't used the cracked glass technique for ages and it always looks amazing ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dorte said...

Beautiful card, Kate, great idea to use crackled glas effect- yes a super idea to tell your family that there is 'something' in the freezer ;)
hugs Dorte

Unknown said...

At last Kate......managed to get you! Love your cracked glass - it's so effective and love how you've used your Pan Pastels on your lace..........would never have thought about doing that.

Hugs.

Karen x

Sandra H said...

Hi Kate "WOW" Another stunning card everything about it is gorgeous l've never seen or heard of this crackled glass effect but is fantastic you have created a beautiful card x

Tracy said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous creation, adorable image and design.
Happy crafting
Mousey hugs
Tracy x

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG Kate , I am falling in love with tese soft colors,,,,so sweet, so adorable,,,,,,,,Absolutely a delicious to watch the way you color, my friend........wowwowww

nwilliams6 said...

Kate, I love the cracked glass effect! Perfect idea and it works really well on this very fun image. Wonderful card - I feel inspired and now I want to go make another card using this technique. Very pretty! Hugz!

coops said...

so stunning kate.gorgeous sweet image and I love the cracked glass effect ;D

xx coops xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really adorable, love the image and ribbon and punched edges are so pretty
Lindsay xx

XxJULESxX said...

oh wow gorgeous!!!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Just hopping back again to say thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at the PanPastel UK challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Gail said...

Wonderful card!
I usually do that technique for water, this looks amazing!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10